Friday, November 12, 2010

The Kiss


The kiss by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec was the picture I chose to write my blog about this week. I picked this picture because the red in the background really stood out to me. The purpose of this painting in my opinion is to give of the impression of love or lust. I think that this painting is more for younger generations, only because younger generations are more concerned with love and lust. It maybe for younger generations, but not too young, if the audience is too young they won’t quite understand the painting. Sometimes we think we are in love but we are only blinded by our emotions in the moment. The media of this painting is clearly print. The painting I would say to be happening at night, maybe after a night out on the town.

1 comment:

  1. great painting choice! and great rhetorical situation. You hit every point.

    ReplyDelete