Thursday, October 14, 2010

Agree or Disagree

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? If we could unplug all the TV sets in America, our children would grow up to be healthier, better educated, and more independent human beings.
I agree with this statement in ways. I think that if we unplugged all the TV sets with computers, our children would be healthier, better educated, and more independent. I believe that yes if the younger generation of Americans watched less reality TV they would be better educated, and healthier. I believe this because reality TV is not educational and promotes children to act like fools. In my own opinion I do believe that children need to go outside and be social with others their own age. Children are trying to grow up too fast and are missing on their one chance to be a child. I do think that children should be able to watch television but for only a short amount of time. Educational channels go unwatched while Reality TV is most popular in today’s culture. If children watched more educational channels I do not think that it would be so bad, but no one encourages them to watch those shows. Also the same goes with computers if children used computers for educational purposes and not Facebook then they should have a limited time on computers as well.
I think that children would be much more social with children their age. Having no TV would help motivate children to get outside and get some exercise. I do believe that children would be healthier because they wouldn’t have the option of sitting at home all day in front of a TV. They would have to get out and do something with other children to keep occupied.

2 comments:

  1. tv has it good and bad points. i'm not a huge fan, as i think most programming is mindless entertainment. and reality tv, in my opinion, is the worst of all. good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off let me say that this was a really good blog and I enjoyed reading it. I do agree that children today would probably be better off with less tv and computers but technologies influence on society is so strong that were only going to do what everyone else is doing.

    ReplyDelete